June 7, Friday Night Kick-off: 6pm - 9 pm
June 8: Saturday Festival: 10am - 10pm
June 9: Sunday Festival: 11am-5pm
2024 Summerfest T-Shirt Design
T-Shirts will be for sale at the festival. Make sure you get yours before they sell out.
Each year Summerfest has a local artist design the T-shirt for us. This year we have an incredible design, and you don’t want to miss out! T-Shirts will be available for presale. Updates coming soon!
The Virginia-Highland Summerfest is celebrating 39 years of fine art, live entertainment, and family fun in 2024! Year after year, our festival is considered one of the leading events in metro Atlanta, and we are excited to invite you to join our estimated 75,000 attendees on June 8 & 9 in the Virginia-Highland neighborhood.
Summerfest offers fun for everyone with a unique combination of activities and sponsorship opportunities including a 5K run, live music stage, a juried artist market, and a popular children’s area we call Kidsfest. Here are the details for the event assets that exist:
- Artist Market – over 200 fine art booths line Virginia Avenue and feature a wide variety of mediums including sculpture, painting, textiles, ceramics, photography, wood, and metal.
- Music – live music entertains attendees, featuring a great mix of local and regional. Past acts have included Sister Hazel, Tonic, Drivin’ N Cryin’, Jason Isbell, Marc Broussard, BoDeans, Pat McGee Band, Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk and many others.
- 5K Fun Run – almost 800 participants will race through the neighborhood.
- Kidsfest –arts and crafts activities that focus around our art and music festival theme.
- Summerfest Kick-off Party – Summerfest weekend begins with a Friday evening community dinner and games that sets the festive atmosphere! Open to everyone this is a ticketed event to raise money for John Howell Park, there will be food trucks, live music and a raffle.
Summerfest is located on the scenic and historic Virginia Ave. between Barnett St. and Arcadia St. at John Howell Park. The 5K race begins at the eastern end of the festival just one block east of the intersection of Virginia and N. Highland.
Use Marta On The Go App
We encourage you to take public transportation if you can. Marta’s new On the Go app, available for iPhone and Android, will show you next train arrivals, system maps, and with the Trip Planner, allow you to plan your trip via train and bus from your door to Summerfest! The Virginia-Highland neighborhood is served by the #6, #16 and # MARTA buses and the nearest MARTA rail stations are Midtown Station (1.5 miles/30 minutes) and Inman Park/Reynolds town Station (2.1 miles/43 minutes)
Uber & Lyft Drop-off:
Barnett St and Virginia Circle
Drive And Park
Use Google Maps or Bing Maps for turn-by-turn directions from your location. Use “Virginia Avenue at N. Highland Avenue 30306” as the destination for the festival (eastern end) or “Park Drive at Virginia Avenue 30306” for the western end.
Roll-the-dice – There is a limited mix of free parking lots, paid parking lots, and designated on-street parking (including handicap street spaces). Beware that parking is always tight for Summerfest. Police will be enforcing standard parking rules and regulations.
Whom Should I Contact with Questions About Summerfest?
- Festival Sponsors: Please email questions about becoming a sponsor to email@example.com.
- News, Media and Media Partnership Inquiries: Please contact Andi Frey at Launch Atlanta, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Food Vendors: Please email questions about becoming a food vendor to Premier Events Management.
- Music and Entertainment: Please do not solicit us for music or walking/street entertainment. We have that covered and regrettably,simply do not have the time to respond to requests about becoming a music act or providing walking/street entertainment.
What Happens If It Rains?
We get wet. Summerfest goes on rain or shine. Certain events such as the live music may be suspended depending on the intensity of the rain.
Can I Bring My Dog (Or Other Pet) To Summerfest?
No. City ordinance prohibits pets at Summerfest. Your certified service dog are welcome at Summerfest.
What Forms of Payment Are Accepted For Things I Want To Buy At Summerfest?
Drinks may be purchased by credit card. Otherwise, payment terms are determined by each vendor. Most artists accept Visa, MasterCard, and Amex in addition to good ole cash. Many food vendors accept only cash. ATMs are conveniently located near Summerfest.
What Should I Not Bring Into Summerfest?
Alcohol, illegal weapons, pets, bicycles (o.k. to valet or lock-up outside festival), skates, skateboards, scooters, oversized backpacks, coolers, folding chairs, grills, illegal substances, or anything else the police at the entrances may deem not in the best interests of Summerfest. All bags are subject to search by the Atlanta Police Department.
Are Alcoholic Drinks Available At Summerfest?
You betcha! Authorized vendors will be selling beer and mixed drinks to those 21 and over. Please drink responsibly.
Who Produces Summerfest?
Summerfest is the annual fundraiser for the Virginia-Highland Civic Association, Inc. (VHCA), a volunteer-run, non-profit organization that helps maintain Virginia-Highland as one of the most livable urban communities in America. The VHCA leads and supports zoning and planning initiatives and other neighborhood improvements (ex: Orme Park and John Howell Park renovations and purchase/construction of North Highland Park, new trees, graffiti eradication, and street captain crime prevention programs). The VHCA also provides financial support to local parks, schools, public library, Trees Atlanta, and other organizations serving Virginia-Highland residents.